Re: problem with setting the servlets (Benoit Mahe!)

From: Benoit Mahe <Benoit.Mahe@sophia.inria.fr>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 1998 15:44:51 +0200
To: manuel@drescher.hip.ro
cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org, Benoit.Mahe@sophia.inria.fr
manuel@drescher.hip.ro writes:

>   Hi !
>
> I am using the servlets kit included in jdk1.2. I am following the 20
> steps suggested by Benoit Mahe as a former response
> 1. create www/servlets
> 2. sstart jigadmin
> 3. select "space"
> 4. click "resources"
> 5. write "servlets" in "Identifier" fiels
> 6. select .DirectoryResource, add resource
> 7. unfold "space"
> 8 . select "servlets"
> 9. click "Frames"
> 10. select .ServletDirectoryFrame, click "Add Frame"
>
> HERE I AM GETTING AN EXCEPTION IN THE JAVA SERVER WINDOW,
> (UNIMPLEMENTED INTERFACE METHOD), AND A "REMOTE ACCES WINDOW" WINDOW
> APPEARS ON THE SCREEN.
>
> What is wrong ?
>                                Thanks !

 Sorry, but we have some problems with the jdk1.2 and servlets because the
 servlet api and the classloader have changed. Jdk1.2 is still a beta version,
 and the necessary changes in Jigsaw are not backward compatible, so we are
 waiting for the final version of jdk1.2.
 This works fine with jdk1.1.x

 Benoit.

                      World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
                    Architecture domain - Jigsaw Team