Re: Jigsaw 2.0 beta 2 & Servlets

From: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 16:40:56 +0200 (MET DST)
To: Michael Bell <michael.bell@cmgplc.com>
cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org
On Tue, 11 Aug 1998, Michael Bell wrote:

> Correct. But to be fair to me, I did look through the
> documentation/FAQ and couldn't find any other way.

We will add this asap.

> > the right way to shut it down is through jigadmin (control->exit). Jigadmin will
> > ask the server to
> > save its internal state before exiting.
>
> This does partly shutdown, but only admin-server reports shutting down
> see below:
>
>     java org.w3c.jigsaw.Main -root d:\java\classes\Jigsaw\Jigsaw
>     Jigsaw[2.0beta2]: serving at http://mbell:8001/
>     *** Warning : no logger specified, not logging.
>     JigAdmin[2.0beta2]: serving at http://mbell:8009/
>     admin-server: http://mbell:8009/ done.
>
> The http server is still serving up web pages so I have to <CRTL-C>
> it. Is this correct ?

Well, you stopped the administration server.

You must kill the server, then the administration server.
Root

 -- http-server

	--- control

then

Root

 -- control

Otherwise, only the admin server will save its state. The "real"
http server won't.

> Re-starting still shows the same corruption.

You didn't cleanly exit the right server :)

> Environment : NT 4.0(SP3), JSDK 2.0, JDK 1.1.6 (should I be using JDK
> 1.2 beta?)

No!, no 1.2 yet!