Re: Autostart in Linux (S.U.S.E)

On Tue, 16 Dec 1997, Carsten-Schulz wrote:

> Hello Steve,
>
> you wrote: "Huh?"
> What do you mean? Is this no problem for you?
>
> I think that is a big problem, because if I kill the task then the not
> saved objects are lost. And the manuell shutdown is impossible.

You can have in the shutdown script which will issue a request on
/Admin/Exit to save everything. With the right Authentification of course.
One such perl script has been posted a long time ago on this list.
see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-jigsaw/msg05521.html

> Bye,
>
>   Carsten.
>

>   From: Carsten Schulz
>         FH, Lueneburg
>
>  eMail: wcs11@rzserv2.fh-lueneburg.de
>    WWW: www.fh-lueneburg.de:/u/wcs11/www/index.html
>
> Origin: Ups, wie die Zeit vergeht.
>
> On Mon, 15 Dec 1997, Steve Pilot wrote:
>
> > Huh?
> >
> > Carsten-Schulz wrote:
> >
> > > I look for the start/stop Skipt for Linux, that start Jigsaw when Linux is
> > > startup and stop Jigsaw when Linux shutdown.
> > >
> > > Has somebody this? I use S.U.S.E. Linux 5.1.
> > >
> > > Bye,
> > >
> > >   Carsten.
> > >
> > >   From: Carsten Schulz
> > >         FH, Lueneburg
> > >
> > >  eMail: wcs11@rzserv2.fh-lueneburg.de
> > >    WWW: www.fh-lueneburg.de:/u/wcs11/www/index.html
> > >
> > > Origin: Ups, wie die Zeit vergeht.

  /\ /  \                Architecture Domain - Jigsaw