Re: ServletDirectory resource

From: Benoit Mahe <Benoit.Mahe@sophia.inria.fr>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 13:16:57 +0200
To: Ross Golder <rossg@cpd.co.uk>
cc: Benoit Mahe <Benoit.Mahe@sophia.inria.fr>, www-jigsaw@w3.org, bmahe@www43.inria.fr

> Okay, servlet is no longer destroyed and initted on each invocation, but these
> changes seem to have introduced some new problems...
>
> Firstly, and most importantly, servlets occasionally crash the Jigsaw JVM. I have
> attached a copy of the stdout/stderr log, in case it makes sense to anyone. I
> cannot seem to find a common cause for the crash. Sometimes it crashes the first
> time the Menu servlet is run, other times, the Menu servlet will run several
> times before the crash.
>
> I also notice that when I run my Menu servlet, it runs okay, but produces a
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError message on stderr, but does not indicate which
> class it had trouble loading.
>

> Other servlets that rely on classes that are not present in the servlet directory
> (but are present in the CLASSPATH of the Jigsaw JVM) fail with the browser
> reporting 'document contains no data'. I can't seem to find any indication of the
> failure on the JVMs stdout/stderr or in any of the log files.
>
> Can anyone point me in the right direction towards debugging these problems.
>
> Any help much appreciated,
>
> TIA
>
> --
> Ross Golder
> Technical Dept
> CPD Ltd, Whetstone, London, N20 9LD.
> Tel: +44 (0) 973 897671
> mailto:rossg@cpd.co.uk (Work)
> http://www.cpd.co.uk/~rossg

 I have found a bug when a class that is present in the classpath call a
 class present in the servlet directory. I have fixed it.
 But I don't think that this bug is your problem, could you send me
 your Servlet? It would be easier for me to have it to make tests.

 thanks.

World Wide Web Consortium                       bmahe@sophia.inria.fr
Architecture domain - Jigsaw Team               tel : 04 93 65 79 89