jigsaw http password and login

From: Pere Mayol de Tord <perem@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 1997 23:49:41 +0200
To: <www-jigsaw@w3.org>
I've configured some Jigsaw Server Resources with Authemtification
filters.
I'm writing a servlet for the Jigsaw Server, to set persistant at the
client cookies with 'password&login'.

But:
Obviously every time the client access this filtered resource, the browser
http message-box asking 'password&login' appeares.
Is there any way to send the HTTP request (get, put or delete) including
at
the same request the
password and the login???
Then I could set one-day-expiration-time cookies at the client and avoid
him from typing password&login.

oooooooooooooooooooooo
    Pere Mayol de Tord
       perem@ibm.net