Re: jigsaw http password and login

From: Benoit Mahe <Benoit.Mahe@sophia.inria.fr>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 1997 10:29:12 +0200
To: "Pere Mayol de Tord" <perem@ibm.net>
cc: <www-jigsaw@w3.org>, bmahe@www43.inria.fr
> I've configured some Jigsaw Server Resources with Authemtification
> filters.
> I'm writing a servlet for the Jigsaw Server, to set persistant at the
> client cookies with 'password&login'.
>
> But:
> Obviously every time the client access this filtered resource, the browser
> http message-box asking 'password&login' appeares.
> Is there any way to send the HTTP request (get, put or delete) including
> at
> the same request the
> password and the login???
> Then I could set one-day-expiration-time cookies at the client and avoid
> him from typing password&login.

 You want to add manually the Authorization field in the request, right?
 Here is an example :

 String user = "???";
 String passwd= "???";
 w3c.tools.codec.Base64Encoder encoder =
	new w3c.tools.codec.Base64Encoder(user+":"+passwd);
 request.setValue("Authorization", "Basic "+encoder.processString());

World Wide Web Consortium                       bmahe@sophia.inria.fr
Architecture domain - Jigsaw Team               tel : 04 93 65 79 89