Custom Indexer Problems

From: Aaron Figg <aaron@rivendell.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 1997 14:02:04 +0000
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
I'm having problems with creating new extension indexers in Jigsaw.

I have two machines, each running a copy of Jigsaw. About a month
ago, I added a default extension indexer to the first machine. The
default filter is named '*default*', an it successfully assigns an
'application/x-UNKNOWN' MIME type to unrecognized files that
are added to the web space, enabling them to be accessed.

Now I want the same thing to happen on the second machine. I created
the default indexer, but the process failed. I then tried adding an
arbitrary
new extension indexed ('inf'), which also failed.

Copying the configuration files by hand from the first machine to the
second
cured the problem, and I can now successfully add new indexers to the
second machine.

Did I miss something when trying to create new indexers on the second
machine
which I had done to the first, or can I assume that the second machine's

configuration was in some was malformed?

Aaron Figg

c/o WIRE Ltd, UK