Implementing Server Push

From: Ian the hunk Monk <ijm95c@Cs.Nott.AC.UK>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 10:59:57 +0000
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how I can implement server side pushing.  With CGI
 you can use a relatively simple.  I want to have a web page that
contains a table that displays database information.  The server
continually checks the database to see if the information has
changed, if so it pushes the new table/information to the client web
page.

An example of something like this would be great.

Cheers

Ian