Re: Handling of redirections

From: Anselm Baird_Smith <abaird@www43.inria.fr>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 21:25:51 +0200 (MET DST)
To: mark@intraspect.com
Cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Mark Friedman writes:
 > Is there a spec (or other documentation) for the "client" side that
 > you're referring to here that uses the new AuthFilter? There seems to be
 > a GUI in there somewhere. When and how is that used? What actually is
 > this "client" stuff? I don't see anything in the release notes or
 > documentation about it.

The "client" side was writen for the proxy initially. It turns out
that because the way Java is, you can use it for other purposes (ie
you can make HotJava run with that client side API, by usinf the above
mentionned property)

There is not much docs, but 1.0alpha5 came with a list of available
filters. The AUthFilter is not used by the proxy, but is meant for GUI
clients (that's why it pops up a dialkog to getr the user/password)

Anselm