Changing proxy properties

Yael Stav writes:
 > (sorry if it's duplicate. having troubles with mail server)
 >
 > Hi all,
 > I'm using jigsaw as a proxy in my application (jdk1.0.2 on NT)
 > and would like to enable a change in the secondary proxy
 > attributes from the user interface.
 > I'm talking about
 > a. PROXY_SET_P
 > b. PROXY_HOST_P
 > c. PROXY_PORT_P
 > which all reside in the ProxyProp class.
 > I can make a change that will effect the local behaviour of the
 > proxy (HttpManager) by calling the setProxy() method.
 > But I couldn't find a way to make persistant changes.
 >
 > Of course I do not want to use the property editor mechanism
 > by sending an http request.
 >
 > Is there a (simple) way to do it?

In general Jigsaw will put its own properties as the system
default. If this is the case, then:
p= System.getProperties();
should return an instance of w3c.util.ObservableProperties.

If such is the case, you can just
p.put(PROXY_SET_P, <myproxy>);

the change will take effect straight away (these properties are
observable for that reason). Now you probably want to save the
properties after this using the normal p.save call.

Anselm.