Changing proxy properties

From: Yael Stav <stav@radview.com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 10:20:40 +0300
(sorry if it's duplicate. having troubles with mail server)

Hi all,
I'm using jigsaw as a proxy in my application (jdk1.0.2 on NT)
and would like to enable a change in the secondary proxy
attributes from the user interface.
I'm talking about
a. PROXY_SET_P
b. PROXY_HOST_P
c. PROXY_PORT_P
which all reside in the ProxyProp class.
I can make a change that will effect the local behaviour of the
proxy (HttpManager) by calling the setProxy() method.
But I couldn't find a way to make persistant changes.

Of course I do not want to use the property editor mechanism
by sending an http request.

Is there a (simple) way to do it?