Re: PostableResource deleted abnormally

From: Alexandre Rafalovitch <arafalov@socs.uts.EDU.AU>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 14:22:45 +1000 (EST)
To: "'www-jigsaw@w3.org'" <www-jigsaw@w3.org>
On Wed, 16 Apr 1997, Zhang Xun wrote:

> Hi, Anselm
>
> I dont't know if this was mentioned before, but I find something unusual when
> invoking PostableResource. I am studying 1.0aphla5.

I can explain what happens if not whether it is reasonable.

if you don't provide query string, PostableResource acts as its superclass
FileResource and try to send back a file.

If a file is not present, than FileResource deletes itself. This is to
maintain synchronization with a filesystem transparently.

The solution is to provide a file for PostableResource to return (usually
with html for a form) or to write your own resource which does not call
super() in handle(), but does something you want.

Hope it helps,
  Alex.