Re: Jigsaw 2.0 !

From: Anselm Baird_Smith <abaird@www43.inria.fr>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 18:49:14 +0200 (MET DST)
To: mark@intraspect.com
Cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Mark Friedman writes:
 > So, will there ever be a Jigsaw 1.0 final release (i.e. non-alpha,
 > non-beta)? It would be nice to have a complete, robust,
 > stamped-as-complete Jigsaw 1.0. This is important to us, out here in the
 > commercial world.

I think I understand your concerns, but to make thing clearer, which
one of these two sub-problems will hurt you most:

- The change in Jigsaw major version (ie the impact it might have on
  you or your customers)
- The fear of having to rewrite your resources

If one, then one way out would be to name it Jigsaw/1.0 final (it has
been alpha for all that long because of that).
If two, then I must say I have some sympathy (I have about quite a big
set of resources to upgrade ;-) Be sure that I'll make my best to
describe some reasonable procedure for upgrading. (not an uatomatic
one though). BTW My estimate for the whole upgrade of Jigsaw is about
a month (I mean once the new resource object model is agreed upon)