Servlet Set-up

From: Mark Moales <moalesm@diebold.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 1997 14:09:53 -0500
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Hi.

I'm trying to set up servlets and I'm not having much success.  I'm on
NT 3.51. I have a servlet directory (h:\Jigsaw\Jigsaw\WWW\Servlets), and
I've tried to create a ServletDirectory resource using this directory.
From the root, I followed the "Add resource" link.  I entered "Servlets"
in the "name" field, and "w3c.jigsaw.servlet.ServletDirectory" in the
"class" field.  When I hit the create button, I get a "Document contains
no data" warning.  I also get the following exception:

java.lang.IllegalAccessError: Unimplemented interface method
        at w3c.jigsaw.forms.ClassnameField.setValue(ClassnameField.java)
        at
w3c.jigsaw.forms.FormCardResource.updateField(FormCardResource.java)
        at
w3c.jigsaw.forms.FormCardResource.handle(FormCardResource.java)
        at w3c.jigsaw.forms.PostableResource.post(PostableResource.java)
        at w3c.jigsaw.resources.HTTPResource.dispatch(HTTPResource.java)
        at w3c.jigsaw.resources.HTTPResource.perform(HTTPResource.java)
        at w3c.jigsaw.http.httpd.perform(httpd.java)
        at w3c.jigsaw.http.Client.processRequest(Client.java)
        at w3c.jigsaw.http.Client.startConnection(Client.java)
        at w3c.jigsaw.http.socket.SocketClient.run(SocketClient.java)
        at w3c.util.CachedThread.run(ThreadCache.java)

Am I getting this because I'm using the latest JSDK from Sun?

I thought I saw that this might be a problem in one of the messages in
the mailing list.

If I can't use the latest JSDK, does anyone know when Jigsaw might
support it?

Any help regarding this and servlet set-up in general would be greatly
appreciated.

Sincerely,

Mark Moales
moalesm@diebold.com