Streaming data using HtmlGenerator

From: Anselm Baird_Smith <Anselm.Baird_Smith@sophia.inria.fr>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 08:00:52 +0200 (MET DST)
To: mark@intraspect.com
Cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Mark Friedman writes:
 > A while back, I asked about how to stream data (i.e. start sending data
 > before it's all done) back to the client while using the HtmlGenerator
 > class. At that time it couldn't be done. Can it be done in 1.0beta?

No, but that's really only a matter of the HtmlGenerator itself. This
is indeed a problem, the way I would solve it would be to sub-class
Htmlgenerator into DynamicHtmlGenerator, and have that call use
Piped{Input|Output}Stream as its output (instead of the byte array).

When a reply goes out with no content length, Jigsaw will
automatically use chunk encoding when possible (ie speaking with a 1.1
client)