Jigsaw Shutdown Hook

From: Evan Coyne Maloney <emaloney@pencom.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 1997 11:56:12 -0400
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Hi,

I've written several extensions to Jigsaw that do various things and need
to be notified of the server's shutdown so they could clean up properly. I
tried wrapping the w3c.jigsaw.Main.main() method in my own method so that I
could do cleanup after the main() method exits, but I noticed that main()
starts up the server asynchronously, and returns when the server is done
starting up, not when the server shuts down. So:

1. Is there a way to force Jigsaw's main() method to wait until the server
shuts down before returning?
2. If not, is there some sort of hook I can use to be notified when Jigsaw
is shutting down?
3. If not to that as well, may I be so bold as to request this feature? I'd
be happy to do the coding for it myself, and pass it along.

Adios,

The two-legged air-breathing human.               emaloney@pencom.com