Re: Jigsaw's cache mecanism

From: Anselm Baird_Smith <Anselm.Baird_Smith@sophia.inria.fr>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 18:01:10 +0200 (MET DST)
To: Julianne Freire de Sousa Pepeu <jfsp@di.ufpe.br>
Cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Julianne Freire de Sousa Pepeu writes:
 > The ProcessFilter works well alone. The CacheFilter works well alone, too.
 > When I register both at the same time, it doesn't work (the outgoing
 > isn't called). As they are independent I think that the ProcessFilter
 > can't interfere on the CacheFilter. So why don't they work together?

I guess I know: your ProcessFilter outgoing method return a non-null
reply. In that case the filter engine considers that it has completed
the request, which doesn't need any more work. It should be easy to
fix:

class ProcessFilter ... {

    public Reply outgoingFilter(Request request, Reply r) {
        // Hack the reply stream alone:
        r.setStream (...);
        return null;
    }
}

Instead of

class ProcessFilter ... {

    public Reply outgoingFilter(Request request, Reply r) {
        // Hack the reply stream alone:
        r.setStream (...);
        return r;
    }