Problem while deleting Filter

From: Sabine Mosch <bzo060@sp2.power.uni-essen.de>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 18:46:41 +0200
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Hello,
Has anyone ever encountered Problems like this:
I put a GenericAuthFilter on root, 'cause I wanted to use jigsaw only for internal use.
I used a user that was authorized by his ip-address.
Later I wanted to make Jigsaw accessible for more people, so I pressed the REMOVE button
in the Filter-0-Form. After that Jigsaw was no longer rachable. I couldnt even shut it
down correctly, but had to kill it.
When I restarted the Filter was still there (I must have saved all some time before).
I helped myself  with creating another user that had in IP:*.*.*.*
This seems to work fine, but it seems to be bug.

A funny side effect: it seems as if a user is only identified once by his IP-Adress:
The second user (world) was able to enter from the outside, but could not enter Admin
(which was intended). The first wasn't able to enter there, too. I tried a few things
and last but not least I could make it work correctly, but I don't really know, what I
changed.
Thanks,
Sabine