Re: CountFilter

From: Frederic Crozat ISIMA <crozat@opgc16.univ-bpclermont.fr>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 1997 08:56:08 +0200 (MET DST)
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Hi,

Nirmal Patit wrote :
>I tried to take a look at Counter Filter as explained in the tutorial.
>I wasn't able to compile this java program.
>It gave the following error :
>CounterFilter.java:36: Method redefined with different return type:
>int ingoingFilter(w3c.jigsaw.http.Request) was
>w3c.jigsaw.http.Reply ingoingFilter(w3c.jigsaw.http.Request)
>     public synchronized int ingoingFilter(Request request) {
>                             ^
>1 error

Well, it seems that the tutorial isn't really synchronized with the API.
now, ingoingFilter must return a Reply object.
Check the right source code in you jigsaw/src/classes/w3c/jigsaw/filter
directory.

And it seems that the DontCallOutgoing has disappeared also !!

Anselm, could you correct the tutorial for next release, please.

Frederic Crozat
crozat@opgc.univ-bpclermont.fr