Gifs aren't working

From: Anselm Baird_Smith <abaird@www43.inria.fr>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 09:33:55 +0100 (MET)
To: eabbene@atlantic.net
Cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org
eabbene@atlantic.net writes:
 > Help ....
 >
 > I upgraded to 1.0alpha5 and I lost my gif and jpg displays. What
 > changed?  They work fine when browsed as a file through netscape. I've
 > been comparing your pages with mine and I'm not seeing what is causing
 > yours to display and mine not too.  The gifs and jpgs are in the
 > jigsaw/jigsaw/www sub directory, mine is a windows 95 version.

You may need to turn the negotiable flag of the directory to true, and
reindex the images (DON'T reindex the root, you'll get into troubles
;-)

WWW is a directory template that doesn't set the
negotiable flag, if you're icons where under an Icons directory, this
would be done automatically - if the 1.0alpha5 comes with an Icons
template - which I can't remember