WHOIS++ & Jigsaw

From: <Joel.Crisp@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 17:33:29 +0000 (GMT)
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Hi

The implementation of my search architecture has now got to the stage
where you can search orthogonally across HTML containing directories,
Index+ cardfile databases and WHOIS++ servers.

Admittedly, you can't return a record from a WHOIS++ server yet...but
I'm getting there.

Next steps :

I've got to wait until SSL give me the Solaris Index+ shared libraries
as I have had to move to Solaris, then I need to update my Index+
classes to work with JDK 1.1

In the meantime, I'll continue with development using the WHOIS++
service instead of Index+.

Joel
--
Joel.Crisp@bris.ac.uk | ets-webmaster@bris.ac.uk  | "I remember Babylon" -
Software Engineer, Institute for Learning and     |        Arthur C Clarke