re: Running Jigsaw as a service under NT?

From: darrell starnes <Darrell=Starnes%AppSrv%Sys=Hou@bangate.compaq.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 97 12:26:34 CST
To: <abaird@www43.inria.fr>, <www-jigsaw@w3.org>
I haven't tried it yet but in the NT Resource Kit is an application called
SRVANY. This application
allows any executable to be a service under NT. The only caveat that I know
of is the application
cannot do I/O to the screen. So for Jigsaw, you would have to redirect the
console to a file or null.
null is probably better since the console file could get big if someone
turns on debug flags.

I'll try to implement this over the next week or so and post what I find
out.

Darrell Starnes
Internet Solutions Division, Compaq Computer
email: starnes@netgate.compaq.com
voice: 713-518-3812
Original Text