Proxying PUTs

From: Gordon Dakin <gad@hunchuen.crystaliz.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 22:00:41 -0500
To: gad@hunchuen.crystaliz.com, www-jigsaw@www10.w3.org

Awhile back, I nearly succeeded in making proxied PUTs work.
To do so, I borrowed a few methods from ForwardDirectory,
including w3c.www.protocol.http.Request dupRequest(Request request).
In that method, I set output stream from a local file:

    if (mth.equals("PUT"))
    {
        try
        {
            FileInputStream iStream = new FileInputStream(mypath);
            req.setOutputStream(iStream);
        }
        catch (java.io.FileNotFoundException x)
        {
            System.out.println("File not found");
        }
    }

The only glitch is, the content length of the remote Jigsaw's
FileResource is always wrong (around 100) when reaches the remote host,
so FileResource.newContent() hangs (in the in.read loop) or only gets
part of the file.

Do you know what I can set locally to ensure that the remote Jigsaw's
FileResource will have the correct content length?

-- Gordon Dakin