Jigsaw GIF-loop-remove Filter

From: Hannes Wallnoefer <H.Wallnoefer@infosys.tuwien.ac.at>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 09:28:43 +0100
To: www-jigsaw@www10.w3.org
Hi all,
I just wrote an experimental Jigsaw resource filter that removes the
Netscape loop extension from GIF images, if present. It's meant for
people who have to visit commercial sites a lot and don't enjoy having
20 endlessly looping gifs turning their screen into a madhouse. The
basic idea was that it could be used on GIF resources in proxy server.

It's at http://www.t0.or.at/~hwallnoefer/GifStopper.java

It works fine on my personal Jigsaw 1.0a3 webserver, but I don't use
Jigsaw as a proxy myself, and I'm not even sure it's possible at all to
use Jigsaw as a proxy.
If anybody is in charge of a proxy installation and feels like trying
it, I'd be very interested in hearing about that!

--
hannes wallnoefer
http://www.t0.or.at/~hwallnoefer/