FormResourceEditor lookup

From: Anselm Baird_Smith <abaird@www43.inria.fr>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 1997 09:35:44 +0100 (MET)
To: Nick Pollitt <npollitt@ncsa.uiuc.edu>
Cc: www-jigsaw@www10.w3.org (jigsaw list)
Nick Pollitt writes:
 > How do 'non-root' resources get located by this Editor?  I had
 > assumed that any call to this resource (/Admin/Editor) would
 > cause the 'get' method to be called.  But what if the URL is
 > /Admin/Editor/foo/bar ??  It doesn't look like 'get' can
 > handle this...

Look at the way lookup is implemented in the editor resource: in fact
it "gobble" all reminaing components of the path (ie "foo/bar") and
does a lookup (starting from the root of the server) on them.

Is this the quetsion ?

 > But, 'lookup' seems to be able to do this.  So, if I am correct
 > so far, the question then becomes, who calls the 'lookup'
 > method?  I had taken for granted that looking at 'get' methods
 > in the resources would solve all of my problems, but maybe not?

lookup is called when the main (http::lookup0 is triggered. Again I am
not sure I understand the question.

A new property has been added to Jigsaw:

w3c.jigsaw.edit.root

Which gives the name of the resource (in the root resource store) from
which edit lookup should start. This is to solve the following
problem: if you use the MirrorDirectory resource, you can't gain
access to the editor (which is probably not part of the target
site). That edit property allows you to circumvent that problem...

[Again, I am probably out of the subject...]