Re: Jigsaw as a proxy-serve/service!

From: Mark Friedman <mark@intraspect.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 10:46:22 -0700 ()
To: mjoshi@kset.com

On Tue, 22 Oct 1996 13:17:46 -0700 Mahesh Joshi <mjoshi@kset.com> wrote:

> Also, under what IDEs are recommended/have worked with compiling
> Jigsaw natively on NT 4.0/related platforms?

I can tell you that it does not run with the Microsoft J++ VM (i.e. jview)
and that it does not compile with the J++ compiler. It seems that
Microsoft has a slightly different idea of what Java is than Symantec or
Sun. For example, J++ compiler does not support "private protected" methods,
it has problems with distiguishing between methods and variables of the same
name and it has some strange behavior with calls to "super".