authentication and changing the server host

From: Antoine Bertier <bertier@world-net.sct.fr>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 1996 00:17:46 +0200
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
I recently had to move my jigsaw server from one machine to another.
I just zipped the whole jigsaw directory and unzipped it on the new
machine, then just changed the host parameter.

Everything seemed to work fine, EXCEPT authentication:
the admin realm seemed to have lost its user, and indeed the
Admin directory was still protected and no longer accessible
by anyone (however ADmin or admin were accessible, due to
a bug reported on this list some time ago).

Is it just me or is it supposed to be this way ?
What is the procedure to follow in such a case to move
the server and still be able to administer it ?

Antoine BERTIER
bertier@world-net.sct.fr