Re: Jigsaw performance evaluation

From: Anselm Baird-Smith <abaird@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 1996 15:41:05 -0400 (EDT)
To: Bill Day <bday@sgi.com>
Cc: mark@intraspect.com, www-jigsaw@w3.org
Bill Day writes:
 > Mark Friedman wrote:
 > > Has anyone checked out performance with any of the JIT compilers?
 >
 > I have not done any detailed timings, but compiling Jigsaw using
 > Cosmo Code 2.0 (SGI Java development environment) with JIT, I
 > emirically see reponse times roughly equivalent to Netscape
 > FastTrack.  BTW, This is all running on a SGI Indy workstation with
 > 64MB RAM.

The problem with "emirically see reponse time" is that it depends on
the global load of the server. The thing I will state in next update
of the performance page is that Jigsaw *is* fastest, by far, then the
CERN server (by stating it, I mean that I have enough empirical
numbers to actuially say it)