Re:directory filtering?

From: Alexandre Rafalovitch <alex@access.com.au>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 10:55:58 +1000
At 6:04 AM +1000 22/11/96, Les Stockton wrote:
>I take it that from the lack of response, that no one has implemented any
>filter for not displaying certain files in a directory listing?
> I'll ask again, just in case someone has done this successfully.

I don't know what your responce expectancy time, but I consider 2-3 days to
be average.

To answer your question, did you look at the
w3c.jigsaw.resources.DirectoryResource ? In there there is some code that
ignores '.' and '..' files. Subclass Directory resource, Then
*) Change that subrotine so that ignores anything you want it to (can even
make it a property),
*) Change directory templates if you want it to be the default directory
resource,
*) Reindex directories that are already using standard DirectoryResource so
they would be recreated from your new template (but don't reindex root or
/Admin -> you will lose its content)
*) Save the server so the crash would not undo what you have done.
*) Finished.

QED.
    Alex.
Ps. Welcome :-}