setting up CGIs with Jigsaw?

From: Anselm Baird_Smith <abaird@www43.inria.fr>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 16:14:12 +0100 (MET)
To: Les Stockton <stockton@wilcom.net>
Cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Les Stockton writes:
 >  My question is, how do I set up to run CGIs?
 > I am in the process of adding a CGI extension.
 > On attributes, what's the content-type and content-encoding, etc?
 > I guess I could hack it for a while, but I'd prefer to get it right the first time
 > and move on.

There are two ways of setting CGI scripts:

a) On a per-script basis: you can manually register your script by
   creating an appropriate CGIResource. On Windows, use the
   interpreter attribute, on UNIX, use the '#!' trick.

b) On a per extension basis: if all your scripts are perl scripts, for
   example, then you can register the pl extension. Set the
   interpreter (on Windows only) to the full path of perl (on unix,
   use the '#!' trick).

With a) you can custmoize the default command line (the command
attribute, one command line item per line in the text field, with b),
you will use the default command attribute value (which defaults to
the full path of the exported script).