PUTs and getInputStream()

From: Gordon Dakin <gad@hunchuen.crystaliz.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 1996 19:01:44 -0500
To: gad@hunchuen.crystaliz.com, www-jigsaw@w3.org

Thanks for your help with proxying.  At this stage, I have a new resource
class that extends FileResource (to take advantage of GET & PUT), plus
methods borrowed from ForwardDirectory to proxy a request on-the-fly.
I've been able to proxy GET requests to a foreign host running a "pure"
Jigsaw.  But I'm having trouble doing the same with PUTs, because I don't
see any way to set the request's input stream (FileResource's put() does
a request.getInputStream() and passes the result to newContent()).  The
request's MimeParser's "input" attribute is  returned by getInputStream(),
but there is no setInputStream() method, and both Request's parser and
Parser's input are protected.  Am I bypassing some "usual" way for the
request to acquire an input stream (e.g., by changing a GET to a PUT
on-the-fly)?

-- Gordon Dakin