Re: Multiple Jigsaw's as user processes

Harco de Hilster writes:
 > I would like to serve the same documents to all the 'different'
 > instances of Jigsaw in a read-only mode. The problem is that
 > 'SimpleResourceStore.java' opens the stores with:
 >
 > "SimpleResourceStore.java" line 178 of 614
 >         RandomAccessFile fd = new RandomAccessFile(repository, "rw") ;
 >
 > If I change that to:
 >         RandomAccessFile fd = new RandomAccessFile(repository, "r") ;
 >
 > I get the behaviour I want. Users without write access to
 > Jigsaw/Jigsaw/config
 > can start Jigsaw but they cannot e.g. save the properties, but I with rw
 > access
 > can.
 >
 > I think there is no need for "rw" access in 'loadResource'.

Wow! Certainly there is a need (otherwise I would have state "r"
:-). Jigsaw needs write access to these files. What you can do
however, is have each Jigsaw have its own config (in fact, from my
point of view, that would be the only legitimate reason for running
multiple Jigsaw in the same space, but maybe I am missing something
here)

Anselm.