Dialup, Copyright

From: Anselm Baird-Smith <abaird@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 1996 23:48:20 +0500
To: Lee Daniel Crocker <lee@piclab.com>
Cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Lee Daniel Crocker writes:

 > The dial-up problem was indeed a misunderstanding as was
 > pointed out.  The JDB "fix" and other software I've seen
 > do similar things was in fact a an entirely separate bit
 > of code to bypass TCP/IP entirely, and is therefore not
 > appropriate for an HTTPD.  Turning off automatic dialup
 > in Win95 works as expected.
Good

 > On an entirely unrelated note, the Copyright notice on
 > Jigsaw makes it clear that non-commercial use is OK, but
 > gives no clue about what arrangements might be made for
 > commercial use.  Any clues here?  I think it might make
 > an interesting commercial product if fitted with a new
 > user interface and documentation, but I'd hate to go to
 > all that work for free.

I think that the license include any commercial usage (ie you are free
to sell Jigsaw, as is), but I'll have to cross-check this with the
relevant people here, I'll let you know as soon as possible.

BTW: It's definetly in our plans to provide Applet based config in next
release. If things appear to go as fast as they seem, you should
really stay tuned ;-)

Anselm.