"Document not found" msg - SLOW.

From: Alexandre Rafalovitch <alex@access.com.au>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 1996 12:29:23 +1000
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Hi,

During my exploration of Jigsaw, I manage to type in wrong html more often
than right one. Of course, I receive 'Document not found' result. What is
bothering me is that it takes awfull long time for the document to finish
text  'Document bla not found on this server' takes about 20-30 second more
to arrive.
 If I interrupt loading I  can see all the information, but it also says
Transfer interrupted.

I checked it with  MacNetscape 2.02 as well as unix Netscape. It looks to
me, that Netscape actually times out and stops.

Any explanations?

Alex.

--------| I feel as confused as a baby in a topless bar. |--------