Re: Virtual hosts and other features in Jigsaw?

From: Wolfgang Platzer <wplatzer@iaik.tu-graz.ac.at>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 1996 14:27:01 +0200
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org

> The reason I would like to know is because I describe Jigsaw to different
> people and they say: "Yeah, it does sound very feature reach and flexible,
> but what are the downsides?". The major downsides are no virtual hosting,
> no security(SSL) and relatively slow. Out of those three, SSL is just
> impossible for the moment, relatively slow will be fixed by JIT compiler,
> but virtual hosting is a special issue.
>
> If I understood correctly, it is not so hard to implement it. Definitely
> not as hard as proxy. However, this is the feature many people think a
> server should be able to do, so when it is not there.... :-{

Why is SSL impossible for the moment?

Phaos Technology offers a free SSL 3.0 Java (SSLava 1.0) implementation. But we
in europe can not get the code (because of this smart American law).

More Infos at: http://www.phaos.com/solutions.html

Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Platzer,
Technische Universitaet Graz - University of Technology Graz