mime types

From: Anselm Baird-Smith <abaird@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 1996 19:03:33 +0500
To: npollitt@ncsa.uiuc.edu (Nick Pollitt)
Cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org (jigsaw list)
Nick Pollitt writes:
 > Is there anywhere in Jigsaw that we can check to see what
 > mime types are available, and add new ones if necessary ?

Check the /Admin/Extensions resource, it allows you to edit the MIME
type list the server knows about. BTW this has ben enhanced in
upcoming release, you can know sepecify the class and filters for
exporting files of a given extension. (eg the SSSIResource relies on
the COunterFilter to get the hit count of a page, this can be done by
saying that all .shtml files should be exported by the SSIResource and
filtered by the CounterFilter).

Anselm.
BTW: This should also allow you to specify charsets eg you can say
that .html files have mime type "text/html; charset=..."