Re: mime types

From: Antonio Ramirez <anto@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 1996 15:27:19 EDT
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org

> Is there anywhere in Jigsaw that we can check to see what
> mime types are available, and add new ones if necessary ?

Yes, in the extensions editor you can check the "content-type"
attribute of the resource that the extension maps to (e.g., in
/Admin/Extensons, click on, say "html", and the value of
"content-type" is "text/html".) However, a particular resource may
elect to have its own means of calculating the content-type header
that is eventually emitted, and it might actually ignore the
attribute.

If you mean an explicit "extension vs. mime type" listing, that is not
possible currently.

Antonio