Re: AW: Problem with the import local RDF-File

Kianoush Eshaghi wrote:

> I would say, that the version 1.8.2 of GraphViz would run by my machine.

As mentioned in IsaViz's installation instructions [1], you must use
v1.8.9 or later of GraphViz (version 1.9 or later strongly recommended).
I've used 1.9 for a long time, and now I use 1.12.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/11/IsaViz/install.html

v1.8.2 is buggy. It might work outside of IsaViz, but it produces
invalid SVG documents (they are not well-formed XML, as 'xlink' is not
bound to any namespace URI, and this causes the XML parser used by
IsaViz (Xerces-J2) to complain).

> have tried often to import several local well-parsed RDF-files in IsaViz,
> always unsuccessfully, but I have not had any problems with the export.

I had no trouble importing your file on my computer (see the SVG
rendering of the imported file attached). So I'm now almost sure this is
because of your version of GraphViz. Considering the above-mentioned
problem, it is normal behaviour that you cannot import any RDF file, as
any SVG file output by GraphViz 1.8.x with x < 9 will produce XML that
is not well-formed.

Emmanuel

--
Emmanuel Pietriga (epietriga@nuxeo.com)