Re: svg manipulation

DEPY MAKRY wrote:

>  i use svg exactly because of scalability.
> My problem is not any more to view the graphic outside isaviz
> Yes , indeed my problem is to get a bitmap form of my graphic fragment ,
> import it in the program i make my presentation , then to resize it
> without loosing my clean view .i tried to use the ready made export
> possibilities avoiding to get into the code of batik's export routines.

If resizing the bitmap in the presentation program consists in enlarging
the image (w.r.t its original size), you will necessarily decrease its
quality. So what you need to do is generate a bitmap image that you do
not need to resize in the presentation program (I mean, that you do not
need to enlarge ; reducing its size should be ok, although you might
still loose quality depending on the algorithm used to reduce the image
size - see (*) for more details about this).

To do that from IsaViz, just enlarge the main graph window (e.g. make it
full screen) and export as PNG. If your desktop screen size is, say,
1024x768, you will get a bitmap image of about that size. With an image
of this size, you should not need to enlarge it in the presentation program.

(*) if you need to decrease the image size, your presentation program
might not be the best option to do this (I don't know as I do not use MS
Office tools). Instead, you might want to do this with an image
processing program such as Gimp [1] or Paint Shop Pro which provide
advanced bitmap resizing options and different interpolation methods
(linear, cubic, and others). That's what I do when I want to reduce a
graph (the linear method seems to be the most appropriate for 2D graphs
such as the ones generated with IsaViz).

[1] http://www.gimp.org

Emmanuel

--
Emmanuel Pietriga (epietriga@nuxeo.com)