Re: great! (& ui question)

From: Emmanuel Pietriga <emmanuel.pietriga@xrce.xerox.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 09:24:00 +0100
To: Danny Ayers <danny666@virgilio.it>, www-isaviz@w3.org

Danny Ayers wrote:

> (re. adding properties)
>

>>Is that what you need?
>>

> Yes!
> I hadn't seen the buttons, they were behind my Win toolbar - I guess I
> should have RTFM...
>
> Very minor bug (?) - when exporting a png, the app seems to keep the png
> file open until another one is exported (I exported a png & tried to open it
> in Photoshop, got a message like 'still in use').

I wasn't able to reproduce this bug (I'm using win2k + jdk1.4.0). I
don't have photoshop, but tried to load in Paint Shop Pro or  ACDSee and
it worked fine. Does this occur with other image viewers/editors?

 Running SDK 1.4 beta on
> Win2k, latest dot.exe. Photoshop didn't seem to understand the antialiased
> pngs either, but I doubt whether that's your problem...

That's quite strange, as the antialiasing is completely decoupled from
the bitmap export. No matter whether antialias is on or off, the Visual
Transformation Machine sends an offscreen buffer image of the same type
to a method that encodes it as a bitmap file. Are you sure this only
happens with Antialiased screenshots?

also the abbreviated
> syntax leaves behind some of the Jena ns ids, e.g.
> xmlns:RDFNsId1='http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/', which I guess is Brian's
> problem ;-)

Right :)  I noticed that, and I think it is on Jena's bug list. I
haven't checked whether this was fixed in version 1.3.2 or not.

Thanks for the feedback,
Emmanuel

--
emmanuel.pietriga@xrce.xerox.com |  Xerox Research Centre Europe
Contextual Computing             |  6, Chemin de Maupertuis