Re: [CSS Flexbox] English should be given as an example (editorial) [I18N-ISSUE-389]

On 11/05/2014 02:46 PM, Phillips, Addison wrote:
> Hello CSS WG,
>
> Here is my last comment on CSS Flexbox. Thanks.
>
> Raised by:
>      Addison Phillips
> Opened on:
>      2014-11-05
>      Section 5.3
>      http://www.w3.org/TR/css-flexbox-1/#flex-flow-property
>
>      Example 5 reads, in part, "Some examples of valid flows in an
>      English (left-to-right, horizontal writing mode) document:".
>      This is good, but slightly misleadingly phrased. Perhaps "Some
>      examples of valid flows in a left-to-right, horizontal writing
>      mode document (such as found in the English language):"

Hi Addison,
While I'm not adamant about the position, I do tend to prefer examples
to be more concrete than abstract, since I think that helps readers
relate more closely to what's happening. This is why the writing mode
is listed in a parenthetical rather than the other way around.

I don't object to changing if i18n feels that is less helpful than
the other way around, though.

Let me know what you think~

~fantasai