What is "Fully Normalized Text"?

From: Costello, Roger L. <costello@mitre.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 22:27:04 +0000
To: "www-international@w3.org" <www-international@w3.org>
CC: "Costello, Roger L." <costello@mitre.org>
Hi Folks,

In section 3.2.4 [1] of the document,

    Character Model for the World Wide Web 1.0: Normalization

it defines "Fully Normalized Text."

After multiple reads I still do not understand what fully normalized text is.

This seems to be important:

    ... make sure that the various important constructs
    never begin with a character such that appending
    that character to a normalized string can cause the
    string to become denormalized.

Does that mean, if I have this ENTITY:

<!ENTITY long-solidus "&#x308;"

and I append it immediately after an XML start tag:

<comment>&long-solidus;</comment>

then the resulting text is not fully normalized? (Because the start tag is an "important construct" and by combining the base '>' character with the long solidus character (U+0308) it produces <commentí█, which is non-well-formed XML.) Is that what fully normalized text means?

/Roger

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/charmod-norm/#sec-FullyNormalized