Re: Comment on ITS 2.0 specification WD, i18n-ISSUE-204: Use of namespaces and HTML

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 10:57:33 +0100
To: Norbert Lindenberg <w3@norbertlindenberg.com>
CC: www International <www-international@w3.org>, public-multilingualweb-lt-comments@w3.org, Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Am 16.01.13 21:30, schrieb Norbert Lindenberg:
> In addition to what Richard said, section 6.1 makes use of "its" as the attribute prefix in HTML normative, so it's not just recommended.

Correct for sec. 6.1. But sec. 3.1, as Richard said in the comment, is
about XML namespaces. In XML you only can recommend prefix, not require
them. That's different for the its- prefix in HTML (which is not a
namespace prefix in the XML sense).

Would it resolve the comment by saying in sec. 3.1

"It is recommended that XML implementations of this specification (see
sec. '4.2 Conformance Type 2: The Processing Expectations for ITS
Markup') use this prefix"

Best,

Felix