Re: Feedback about the BOM article

From: John Cowan <cowan@mercury.ccil.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 12:58:38 -0500
To: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Cc: www-international@w3.org
Henri Sivonen scripsit:

> You have probably configured Chrome to automatically translate Chinese
> to English using Google Translate.

No, I haven't.  I cut and pasted the Chinese text into a GT window.

> You should see mojibake if you have
> translation disabled in Chrome.

My point is that I can't tell Chinese mojibake from Chinese non-mojibake,
unless I know what the underlying content is.  At any rate, there are no
"no such character" glyphs displayed.

--
Is not a patron, my Lord [Chesterfield],        John Cowan
one who looks with unconcern on a man           http://www.ccil.org/~cowan