RE: Results of CSS case-sensitivity discussion at TPAC

From: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 20:11:04 +0100
To: "Phillips, Addison" <addison@lab126.com>
Cc: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, WWW International <www-international@w3.org>
Phillips, Addison, Tue, 4 Dec 2012 10:43:39 -0800:

>  A quick survey of browsers
> on my desktop computer using the following page shows that IE9,
> Opera, Safari, and Chrome are already non-ASCII case-insensitive
> (only FF seems to be ASCII-only case-insensitive):
>
>    http://www.inter-locale.com/test/css-case-sensitive-test.html

An invalid test case, because:

 1) It is in quirks mode. As long as it lasts, here you have
    a no-quirks variant of your test
    http://malform.no/testing/testing/amazon.html
    (But it is interesting that the Firefox lowercases
     different from the others, when in quirks.)
 2) The issue at hand is, I believe, not the *values* of
    attributes, but the attribute names and tag names.
    (And yes, Tab and Anne could have been more wordy
    to clarify what they mean/meant.)
--
leif halvard silli