Proposal to NOT address I18N-ISSUE-182: cultural relevance of examples

From: Eric Prud'hommeaux <eric@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 23:49:15 -0400
To: RDF-WG WG <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>, Internationalization Core Working Group <www-international@w3.org>
Cc: Gavin Carothers <gavin@carothers.name>
Proposal to NOT address I18N-ISSUE-182: cultural relevance of examples

Issue: Section 2.5.1 uses several examples that are highly culturally distinct to the United States. (One could quibble about Spiderman and Green Goblin as well, but at least these are part of a film seen internationally, as opposed to a television show of doubtful international distribution??)

Proposed solution from I18N WG: none

Objections:
* The television show was chosen to demonstrate a string which would
plausibly have a different representation in a particular sublanguage
("Cette Série des Années Septante"@fr-be). I don't know how we'd do
better.

PROPOSAL: no change.
--