Unicode NFC - status, and RDF Concepts

From: Jeremy Carroll <jeremy@topquadrant.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2011 22:19:16 -0700
To: www-international@w3.org
CC: RDF Working Group WG <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>

Several years ago, I was an editor of RDF Concepts and we included the
following:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-rdf-concepts-20040210/
[[
The string in both plain and typed literals is recommended to be in
Unicode Normal Form C [NFC]. This is motivated by [CHARMOD] particularly
section 4 Early Uniform Normalization.
]]
and
[[
All literals have a lexical form being a Unicode [UNICODE] string, which
SHOULD be in Normal Form C [NFC].
]]

As we review this document, it has been noted that the CHARMOD reference
is out-of-date, the reference to, section 4 of
http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-charmod-20030822/#sec-Normalization
has been replaced by the fairly different
http://www.w3.org/TR/charmod-norm/#sec-EarlyUniformNormalization
and that WD seems to have been abandoned, and no consensus reached.

What advice, if any, do I18N experts offer the RDF WG, updating the
advice of 2002?

Jeremy