Re: hyphenation character data

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2011 15:46:49 -0700
To: www-international@w3.org
On 10/05/2011 08:32 PM, Asmus Freytag wrote:
> On 10/4/2011 5:46 PM, fantasai wrote:
>> Are there any resources that CSS can point to for indicating the
>> appropriate hyphenation character for a particular language?
>
> Do you mean the appropriate diwsplay when hyphenation is applied?
>
> Because it's not always the addition of a character.

Right. But we presume the hyphenation engine takes care of any spelling changes.

> See the description of the issue in http://unicode.org/reports/tr14

I'm looking for a comprehensive reference for this part:
   "The inserted hyphen glyph can take a wide variety of shapes, as appropriate
    for the situation. Examples include shapes like U+2010 HYPHEN, U+058A ARMENIAN
    HYPHEN, U+180A MONGOLIAN NIRUGU, or U+1806 MONGOLIAN TODO SOFT HYPHEN."

There are some examples there, but it's not an exhaustive list and it does not
give the mapping to language codes.

~fantasai