Re: Armenian numbering: findings, recommendations and request to CSS

At 20:05 09/02/17, Christophe Strobbe wrote:

>Is it really a good idea to generate heading numbers through CSS? It's very convenient for authors, but heading numbers are not really a styling aspect (as opposed to content).

What kind of numbering you use is very much a styling aspect.
And if you want to do the actual sequence number in content,
I don't know whether it's possible to express the number style
via CSS (that would mean that e.g.
    <h1 style='number-style: upper-roman;'>3. My Title</h1>
would be rendered something like
    III. My Title

>As far as I know, screen readers don't pick up heading numbers generated through CSS.

That's definitely bad, and may be a good reason to not do heading numbers
with CSS for the moment, but it shouldn't affect the long-term design of CSS.

Regards,    Martin.