Re: Handling Aboriginal Languages

From: barophobia <barophobia@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 10:05:15 -0800
To: "Brian Cassidy" <brian.cassidy@gmail.com>
Cc: www-international@w3.org
How do I get off this list?

On Jan 14, 2009 6:53 AM, "Brian Cassidy" <brian.cassidy@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello All,

As a web developer in Canada, I've had to deal with both of our
official languages: French and English. Today I've been given a new
challenge as one of our clients wants to develop a site in some
Aboriginal languages (Tlicho [1] for e.g.).

Now, traditionally I just do everything in utf-8 and send that across
the wire. However, with this language, are there even unicode
codepoints for it? If so, how would i do the data entry? There are
fonts available for the language so i could "cheat" and go that route
as well.

Does anyone have any advice on what direction I should follow?

Thanks in advance,

-Brian Cassidy (brian.cassidy@gmail.com)

[1] http://www.tlicho.ca/